I hope you all enjoy this excerpt from my mother's short-lived journal.
February 19, 2005
Martina & Joseph helped me choose a lamp for the living room at Neena's. Later we joked that Neena personally sold us the lamp. She was a very pleasant older woman who appeared to be the owner of the shop so we joked that Neena personally sold us the $500 lamp! Joe was funny instructing me to negotiate the price down. However, that was not a car sales place. Later Martina got the fireplace going. Joseph read his six omega book until he fell asleep on the couch. I was studying my Better Homes Kitchen magazine until I also fell asleep. Martina read her book. It was a very pleasant afternoon which I loved spending with Martina & Joseph. Our quality time! Onward. Tomorrow is another day. Hope it is as pleasant as today.
No comments:
Post a Comment