Not another marathon training blog. Promise.
Welcome! I ran my first marathon four months after my mother died from cancer. I have learned the most painful and beautiful truths since losing her. Thank you for letting me share them.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Fire

Leo and I were heading home along the river after an easy 5-miler this morning when coming straight at us was a pack of Kenyans. Their neon windbreakers were a blur of bright pinks, yellows, and oranges as they ran by. They were staying in a tight pack, strides completely synchronized. And then it happened. The realization that the marathon is real and only a few days away. And the fire in my belly was lit. The fire that takes me through a range of emotions each day leading up to race day: nervousness, excitement, sadness, doubt, confidence. I hope it dies down enough tonight to let me get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment